Your Bag

Noella Coursaris Musunka - A Woman On A Mission


Supermodel Noëlla Cousaris Musunka is an international philanthropist of Congolese/Swiss/Cypriot heritage.  

A fierce advocate for Africa’s youth, Noëlla champions the cause of girls’ education.

In 2007, Noëlla founded Malaika. She volunteers her time and skills to the charity, alongside a team of professionals who also give their expertise on a probono basis.
    Malaika is a nonprofit grassroots organization that empowers Congolese girls and their communities through education and health programs. The foundation operates in Kalebuka, a village 30 mins away from Noëlla's hometown of Lubumbashi.
    Malaika provides the tools and opportunities for individuals to have a lasting impact on the future of the DRC. We offer community-driven health, education and infrastructure programs.

Malaika’s work takes three distinct paths:

  1. Malaika School: Providing a Quality Education

  2. Kalebuka Football for Hope Center: Transforming Community

  3. Infrastructure: Providing Life-Saving Water

Malaika’s success to date has been the result of the hard work of 31 Congolese staff members working on the ground in the DRC and around-the-clock support from a team of 30 volunteers working in the U.S., Europe, the DRC and beyond. Malaika has only one paid international staff member, in New York.
    Grammy Award-winning musician and actress, Eve, is a Goodwill Ambassador for Malaika.
    91% of every dollar donated to Malaika goes directly to our programs – the remaining 9% covers essential administrative costs necessary to keeping our programs running.

Noëlla is a committed mother to two young children and a feminist. She sees education as the key to unlocking the next generation's potential.